Thursday 6 December 2012

Ways with a Gavroche Final Part 4

Finally I let my imagination run a bit with multiple gavroches - not sure about any of these and I don't think you will see me wearing these looks but Hermes have featured similar looks with 70cm on the knotting cards so taking my lead from Hermes:-
Here I took 5 gavroches, basic fold them all, 
knot each one in the middle and tie all 
5 together to make a big ring leaving 2 
ends free so you can loop around your 
neck and then tie together with another tiny 
single knot.

Here I loosened the scarves out 
to made a 3 row "necklace".

Here I just used 3 gavroches and tied 
in a large knot at the front.

A 3 scarf plait necklace - I love this!

  
To create the plait - take 3 gavroches in basic fold and 
secure one end of each through the twilly ring.

Plait the 3 scarves together and when you reach the end
secure the ends into the twilly ring.  You will need to do
this with the scarf round your neck and the ends at
the front so you can see what you are doing!

It was a bit of a squeeze to get 6 ends 
through the small twilly ring but it 
is neater than knots.




I hope these ideas have given you some inspiratoin to get your gavroches out and give them some wear!

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to play, isn't it? I tried this with three 70s back in the summer. Too many loose ends for me...must revisit and try to refine. It is fun to mix patterns. I like the plaited gavroches!

    ReplyDelete