Tuesday 4 October 2011

Berlin Knot - How To

Reader Pamela requested a "How To" recently for the Berlin Knot so here you go Pamela!
The Berlin Knot with my Tours des Cles 70cm.



Start with a Basic Fold.

Tie a single knot close to the centre of your scarf.

Pull it tighter.

Repeat - tie a second knot.

Pull the knot tighter and as close to the
first as you can.

Pull the knot tighter so it forms a sort of
brotchen/bread roll shape!  You can tease the
folds into shape.
 





  

Now choose which side you like best -
this one with a more knotted look?

Or the flip side with a "smoother" look?

When you have chosen your preferred
side tie the scarf at the back of your neck
with a small knot or a petite MT scarf ring.

A bigger look with a 90cm scarf.
Scarf: Brides de Rebelles.


11 comments:

  1. Superb knot, dear Scarf Addict, many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear SA,

    Greetings from the Maldives!

    I can't wait to get home to try a Berlin knot when we get back home and well done on getting the holy grail ~ it's beautiful.

    PPx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaiTai - thank you happy to share, SA :-)

    PP - glad you like and it is easy to do so I am sure it will look fab with one of your scarves! Enjoy rest of the holiday! Hi to DH too SAxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice SA. Thank you for sharing such clear instructions/photos. I'll have to give the Berlin Knot a try since you make it look easier than I feared.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SMR - yes it is easy so DO give it try!
    Did you get to Paris - if you did I hope you had a lovely time. Have a great weekend, SAx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear SA... YES, DH and I had a lovely time in Paris a few weeks ago with ideal weather and marvelous food. I went to the Rue de Sevres Hermes several times and even had coffee at Le Plongeoir. The atmosphere is lush, yet calm and inviting. My only regret is that I was too busy to make it to FSH. Perhaps next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gald you had a grta time! I don't think you missed much at FSH I was there a couple of weeks ago and they hardly had any scarves:-(
    RdS is a fab building though LOL! SA:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVEEEEE YOUR BLOG!!! I'm so glad I found you! lol. I share your love for scarves! They're just so amazing ;p :) I followed you, I dont want to miss any of your scarfy posts. ;p

    <3,
    Cameele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Cameele glad you like the blog and share the love of scarves! SA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous knot! Really it eager's me to try it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you scarves - glad you like SA:-)

    ReplyDelete