Saturday 21 May 2011

Ahhh Paris in the Spring!

Sorry I have been absent for a while - work has been mad busy and then I took a little break and went to London and on to Paris for the ballet as the Bolshoi were in Paris. Of course London and Paris afforded me the opportunity to visit Hermes at Harrods and in Paris - FSH and Rue de Sevres - more of that in another post!
The weather in Paris which greeted me off my Eurostar train was beautiful and sunny as you can see from this photo of the Hermes Horseman!

Here are some of the lovely flowers in the stalls by the Madeleine.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Madeleine.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had to indulge in some Parisien patisserie of course! Angelina's was on my route so I stopped off and walked past the huge queue for the cafe and went straight to the cake counter and selected a green tea and raspberry confection - I ate it when I got it back to my hotel room and it was delicious!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just near Hermes FSH was a beautifully decorated jewellers window - I thought this was really delightful!




Then there were the Eiffel Tower and Place de la Concorde.  The sky was looking dark on Sunday morning but it brightened up.
The Place de la Concorde.
The Bolshoi Ballet was the reason for my trip and I had only been able to get 1 ticket to see Flames of Paris on the Sunday, I had not been able to get one for my favourite ballet Don Quixote but the ballet gods were looking down on me and I did procure one thanks to ebay France, so I was delighted to be able to attend the Saturday evening performance. The performance was wonderful and I was thrilled to meet the dancers at the stage door and get some autographs.















Maria Alexandrova and Alexander Volchkov in Don Quixote.


The Flames of Paris with Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev.
The shop at the Opera Garnier had these beautiful paper lamps for sale - aren't they lovely?


Well that is the first part of my Paris trip...more to follow....aurevoir mes amis!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation on what sounds like a fabulous time in Paris.
    I felt the cake called for an oriental themed scarf ..maybe Turandot ! It was so beautifully green and delicate , although I don't go for cake that was something I should love to try .

    Hoping to hear about your Hermes adventures soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip to Paris SA. The paper lamps at the Opera Garnier shop are delightful and the pastry from Angelina's looks divine. Can't wait for more pictures and possibly a reveal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful travelogue and fab trip to Paris, dear SA. So great you got to see Don Quixote, must have been the icing on the cake. Looking forward to part II!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ScarfAddict, how fortunate you are that you can go to Paris very often, thank you for sharing your experiences, I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chiarina - the cake was divine and not too sweet the sharp zing from raspberry was yummy!

    SMR yes the cake and the lamps were all TDF!!

    MaiTai - I was so lucky to get to see Don Q I really was and I enjoyed it so much!

    Birkinmary - yes I am lucky to live say an hour away if I fly or 2 if I am in London and can go by train! I think I could live in Paris - and when I win the lottery I will have a pied a terre there for sure LOL!!

    ReplyDelete