Saturday 11 December 2010

Winter Wonderland!

The UK suffered some severe frosts and snow in the last 10 days, sadly for me, we escaped the snow being coastal.  However, on Monday and Tuesday we had a hoar frost!  The scenery looked spectacular and like everything had been dusted with glittering icing sugar - it took your breath away it looked so magical.  I managed a few photos of the scenery and ice crystals that formed on the plants.













A little grey squirrel was just having his lunch here - you can just make him out as a tiny black dot above the copyright symbol on the bottom left of my photo above.
Some iced up berries!


Here you can really see the sparkling glistening
frost on a branch.





See how the frost coated the grasses and seed heads.

The fingers of ice frozen to the branches were amazing.















I took some close ups of some leaves as well and you can even see the frozen drips of rain on them.

I like how the frost highlights the pattern of the leaf's veins - just beautiful!














Still dreaming of a White Christmas just like the ones I used to know........

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the snow we now have sticks around until Xmas for your wish ! lovely pics....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this when I lived in Wales. We don't have that where I live in the States, so it was fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Pigtown-Design - it is pretty rare here too but so pretty! SA

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to share, Mother Nature has really excelled herself lately :-) SA

    ReplyDelete