Friday 25 December 2009

Happy Christmas!!

Here are some of the lovely handmade lace decorations I bought in Berlin.  They are very pretty and look like snowflakes on the tree!


The candle in the big photo is 2 candles and one has a split in it to allow it slide up the other one to make a 3D effect.

Last year in Frankfurt I bought some beautiful hand carved sheep from a Tirolean wood carver from Austria - I love the design of the sheep and it was hard to pick which ones to buy!  This particular maker really makes lovely things.



Reflecting the travelling I do let's go over the Pond to the USA!!  One of the other things I collect are the White House Christmas Ornaments.  I started collecting in 2004.  It is now an annual puzzle as to how to get them over to the UK because the postage from the White House website is more than the cost of the ornaments!! I am usually lucky to find a friend with relatives who can accept delivery and then post on to me or send with the next visitors!!  Here is the first ornament I bought:-

Happy Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your tree decorations, they are so pretty!! Very snowflake like! And awwww the sheep are just so cute. I love decorations you can have in other places besides the tree, and those lil sheep are precious!!

    The White House one looks very regal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dill.bob the lace decorations are lovely and it was hard not buy more!! The sheep stay out all year - they are not too Chrsitmas specific! I like the White House ones because they are a bit different and I like the stories behind each one.

    ReplyDelete