Sunday 16 August 2009

By Pass "Knot" with Scarf Ring

This is a very simple way to use a scarf ring - fold your scarf in the "basic fold" first and put it around your neck then follow the video! You can wear the first look in lots of different lengths - I have chosen to show it 3 ways: close to the neck, mid chest or lower again at lower rib-cage level (for a larger scarf or shawl you could go lower again)- my caveat would be to wear the length appropriate to what activity you will be doing. Then you can choose to wear the scarf another 2 ways - I pulled the scarf/ring close to the neck again to wear it with the ends split over the shoulders or I tied the ends at the back of the neck to make a lovely (warm)collar. I am using my Hermes 70cm Kelly en Caleche scarf in the video with a plain gold plated stainless steel band ring (UK size P which fits the 70cm scarves well). Hope you find this useful and have a go it is so easy!

4 comments:

  1. Hello - loving your blog! and the idea on using a ring as a scarf ring - what a good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like! Yes finger rings work really well if you make sure you get a smooth one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your instructions are so on the point. btw the KenC CW is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Vanmiracle - I had to be quick but slow at the same time to get so many looks into the short record time on my camera! Glad you like the KenC I got it off Ebay a few weeks ago - no idea what the Hermes colours are called, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete